Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Raw

"All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland." ~ Jimi Hendrix

Raw. Uncooked. Bloody. Not easy to look at.
Where do we hide our secrets? Under a tree?
Next time, you smile at the stranger that nods back.

We are all on our best behavior. Control. Freak.
What might happen if I broke the courtesy?
Defied the illogical? Screamed in the street?

Would you take my hand and run away with me?
Start a bonfire with the secrets you give and bind;
My secret shame and your secret shame. Breathe.

In the street. I hold your hand, we dance in time.
Hurts together explode. Hold your hurt with mine.

4 comments:

  1. i scream in my car. when i have to run away from it all. because, really, where is it all supposed to go: the hurt, the rage?

    occasionally i have screamed AT others or TO them or in the PRESENCE of them. it seems worse because they still don't *hear* me. no one does.

    "we’re all in this together…alone." Lily Tomlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...I had a dream that I died once. it was the most vivid dream ever and lily tomlin was my "transfer" to the other side angel...great quote. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing heavier than shame is the weight of regret. This was absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you sally sal. i love that..."the only thing heavier...is regret".

    ReplyDelete