Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Balance

"I always try to balance the light with the heavy - a few tears of human spirit in with the sequins and the fringes." ~ Bette Midler

Idle melancholy. That's the mixed bag I have at the moment.  I can handle this better than the anxious uncertainty that has been haunting me the last few days. The general mood of me is such a delicate balance of all things currently affecting me and all things that have affected me, I'm never completely sure which grain of sand has disrupted the scales.

Balance. There is balance in this choppy sea I rock in. There is a peace about me at this very moment, that I'd do well to embrace. So, this is my embrace. In the end it will be okay. There are people in the world who may not understand or even like me, but they do love me. That's a sort of balance I can adjust my own internal love to.


Idle melancholy and mixed moments
Are better than anxiously haunting days.
The mood of me, a delicate tension.
Grains of sand fall and disrupt the scales.
Balance lies in this choppy sea I rock in.
There is a peace in this bay.
People loving me, try understanding, do.
A balance I adjust my own love to.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, which grain of sand tipped the scales. You are speaking directly to me in ways I deeply appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something that expresses my heart to a T right now....what a great and beautiful way to say it.
    You have a way with words.
    Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete