Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Choking

"Losing streaks are funny. If you lose at the beginning, you got off to a bad start...in the middle of the season, you're in a slump...at the end, you're choking." ~ Gene Mauch

Dear You,

The last time I wrote, I was in a manic stupor of surging chemistry and then today I can barely hold my eyes open. My brain, rather than being smothered by euphoria, is choking on memories of you. I really wished you could have loved me. You were rather nice to have around.

Love,

Me
........................................................
Chemical reactions are all that we are.
Hold me tighter.
Open the sweet tides of you.
Kind of a dream.
Is that your name, Sandman?
Nice memories to numb me.
Go 'round my head.
........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment